Old 07-10-2011, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default ping Sacha re photos

On 10/7/2011 1:29 PM, Sacha wrote:

I have a camera shake reduction thingy on this elderly Panasonic. But
the problem with this particular affliction is that it's positional and
in some positions, it's much worse than others and absolutely nothing
would enable me to take a clear photo, I'm afraid. Bob's suggestion of a
tripod is a possible as long as I'm ready, willing and able to cart it
around the nursery with me. The only drawback to that is the quick snap
one wants to take if something like that wonderful wasp lands on a
flower under my nose! If I want something especially clear and in close
up, I get Ray to take it with his whatever-it-is camera and I just have
the little one in a pocket for the odd plant pic for e.g. the web site
or ID-ing on here. It's not a major problem but a heavier camera
increases it.

My husband has a walking/hiking stick, with a screw mount designed to
hold a camera - it's lightweight, and turns the stick into a mono-pod.
Much easier to carry around than a tripod.