Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default ping Sacha re photos

On 10/7/2011 11:49 AM, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Sacha" wrote ...

Ghostrecon said:

IIRC somebody suggested using a Nikon DSLR for your macro shotsof
spiders/webs - this one was taken with a D50 and a secondhand 100mm
Macro
lens

http://www.zen107481.zen.co.uk/wasp2.jpg

That is *superb*. I only wish I could use a full size camera.
Unfortunately, because I have essential nervous tremor in one hand,
the small Pnasonic Lumix I use is just about my weight. I'm full of
admiration for photos like yours.

Then what you need is a monopod provided your little camera has a place
to screw one in, even a lot of compact cameras do. I often leave mine
attached to the camera and just extend it as required.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monopods-Tri...8&node=1104572

I posted before I read yours! Yes, those sticks are very useful.