Old 07-10-2011, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default ping Sacha re photos

On 2011-10-07 14:16:43 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

On Oct 7, 1:01 pm, Mike.. . . . wrote:
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:36:42 +0100, "Bill Grey"

wrote:
Very good indeed, but basically the cost of your combination far
exceeds
that of a good compact which would do the job.
would a compact do the job?
--
Mike... . . . .

You don't have to wory about camera shake now Sacha, see
http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/d...ords/advanced-

compact/finepix-f550exr/image-stabilisation/

David

I have a camera shake reduction thingy on this elderly Panasonic. But
the problem with this particular affliction is that it's positional and
in some positions, it's much worse than others and absolutely nothing
would enable me to take a clear photo, I'm afraid. Bob's suggestion of a
tripod is a possible as long as I'm ready, willing and able to cart it
around the nursery with me. The only drawback to that is the quick snap
one wants to take if something like that wonderful wasp lands on a
flower under my nose! If I want something especially clear and in close
up, I get Ray to take it with his whatever-it-is camera and I just have
the little one in a pocket for the odd plant pic for e.g. the web site
or ID-ing on here. It's not a major problem but a heavier camera
increases it.

In my case camera shake happens when I click the shutter rather than
when I'm just holding the thing. The 10 second delay button can help in
those circumstances, always assuming the subject hangs around that long
of course.