Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Labelling help pls

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 06:07:13 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill

I'll ask a stupid question
Why do you want to label your plants?

In my case I am growing over seventy variteies of Fuchsia's, taken
650+ cuttings, and as they all look the same until next summer, they
need a label.

Last year volunteered to supply thirty cuttings for the memebrs of the
society to grow on , as a comptition, to see who could grow the best,
to be judged at the Annual show, bit of fun, all cuttings taken at the
same time.

Come the day of the show, Members bought back the now fully grown
plants.
How come some were purple, and some were white! They should have all
been a fuchsia called 'Shrimp Cocktail, '
One plant could not even be identified, and we have three RHS trained
fuchsia Judges who were puzzled , so its now being grown on as
'Derricks Folly' (The name change was to spare my blushes!)

Derek

Are you a 2012 Gamemaker too?
www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info