Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Bushnell Bill Bushnell is offline

Default Identify this Tree

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , Bill Bushnell
writes
Can someone identify the following tree for me?

http://mrbill.homeip.net/downloads/l...Identified.jpg

The tree is growing in a suburban yard in Sunnyvale, California (San Francisco
Bay Area).

Thanks.

This is a UK (United Kingdom) group, so we are not particularly
qualified to identify Californian trees.

However, try Ailanthus.

Stewart,

Thanks for the name. I believe that is the tree. Apparently it's an invasive
species here in North America as well as in the UK.

Sorry for posting here, but this is the only active gardening group I could find
on my Usenet feed.

--
Bill Bushnell
http://mrbill.homeip.net/