Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
I'll ask a stupid question
Why do you want to label your plants?
is it so that you can see at a glance what a plant is called, or is it
to keep a record of what you have?
If the latter, then why not keep a list on your computer and just put
a numbered label in with the plant, remembering to keep a back up list
on a memory stick or something, of post it to a hotmail account so
that if your machine goes down you don't loose your list.
That is a good idea and what I used to do with my cacti. But it has disadvantages - for example, I notice one has succumbed to the winter, but I'm not planning a major session with the cacti so I haven't got my lap top with me. And although I tuck the label into my pocket to remind me to update later, by the time it's been through the washing machine a couple of times and then got lost in the basement, the opportunity for updating has gone.

I now keep basic info - did it flower this year? when did I last repot it? - on the back of the label.