Old 08-10-2011, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default What are these 'fruits' please? and are they edible?

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 12:55:05 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

On 08/10/2011 12:46, AriesVal wrote:
Not apples but from one of the shrubs in my garden
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174293...84028215421186

This is the shrub when in flower:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174293...06377495384418

Japanese quince I think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaenomeles

I have the pink one, and have never found a use for the fruit.

Certainly looks like that. No personal experience but I've known of
people making jelly and wine from the fruits of the yellow variety,
which are edible and quite high in pectin and in vitamin C. Can't
speak for the red ones, though.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay where it's ....
wet!

www.rivendell.org.uk