Old 08-10-2011, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AriesVal[_12_] AriesVal[_12_] is offline

Default What are these 'fruits' please? and are they edible?

On 08/10/2011 12:55, stuart noble wrote:
On 08/10/2011 12:46, AriesVal wrote:
Not apples but from one of the shrubs in my garden
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174293...84028215421186
This is the shrub when in flower:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174293...06377495384418

Japanese quince I think
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaenomeles
I have the pink one, and have never found a use for the fruit.

Thank you Stuart and Jake for your quick reply to my question. I know
now that they're edible but doubt very much I'll be making use of them.

--
Don't forgive people because you're weak,
forgive them because you're strong enough to know that people make mistakes.