Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Ron Nelson

Default Roots coming out of stems everywhere???

Dave,
I'll go ahead and start dosing nitrate separately. And go from there.

Thanks for the help,
Ron

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
Ron Nelson wrote:

Dave
Sorry I wasn't very clear in my last post... I have kept my traces
separate from my pre-mixed PMDD... My pre-mix PMDD does have Nitrates in

it.
I followed the recipe here http://www.tropicalfishcentre.co.uk/pmdd.htm

and
then chose to mix everything together except for the traces... Which I

have
been adding separately. Maybe I need to mix everything separately and

try
dosing that way? Again the plants are doing great and growing like

crazy,
And my fish seem to be doing great. My water tests always come back Ph

about
6.8-7.0, Kh 6, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate 0... It's just that the
roots on the stems are a little ugly to me... And that may just be

because
its not something I had seen in various photos I've seen on the web...

Maybe
I'm just being too picky?

One issue at a time. Your nitrates are zero. This is an unhealthy state

for
higher plants. Slowly increase your nitrate dosing to get to 5-10 ppm.

Algae
problems will begin to diminish.