Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM
James Holden James Holden is offline
Registered User

Location: evesham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmljls View Post
Hi, I'm new here and saw this old posting.
Have you been successful removing the friction disc?
I've got a old Hayter Harrier (mk 2) and have got the same problem. I found the 2 holes and put a couple bolts through them to try to pull the disc off. Used heat and WD40 but nothing moved as yet. I'm a bit reluctant to bash the thing as I don't want to bend the shaft. Any suggestions?
Hi
Im know this is an old post,but if your still having problems i maybe able to help.
One of our workshop machanics had the same problem,we tried the pulley that hayter supplied and heat but nothing.
We used wurths ultra 40 (same as wd40) sprayed from behind the blade disc, let it soak for a hour,then threaded the blade bolt near the boss and hit it with a large hammer and as the disc moved we then moved the bolt out,once it has move spray it again,it will come off within 15min.
Note: you may have to retap the thread,but thats easy.