Old 08-10-2011, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Identify this Tree

On 10/8/2011 11:42 AM, Sacha wrote:

Like the lupins 'escaping' in NZ. They're regarded as a pest there but
to the tourists, they're a sight of real beauty.

I love lupines, and have lots of them in my garden in Sutherland, but
I've had poor luck trying to grow them in the US - they rarely last more
than 3 years.
To grow them in Sutherland, all I have to do is scatter a few seeds, or
dig up and transplant 'volunteers' from the gravel around the house, and
they come back year after year after year...