Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What are these 'fruits' please? and are they edible?

In article ,
AriesVal wrote:
On 08/10/2011 21:17, kay wrote:

I suppose you could make quince paste with them too - very intense
taste, very sweet, cut into small squares for nibbles. Portuguese origin
- portuguese for quince is marmelo, hence marmalade.

I always leave them, because they look so attractive, and I'd only be
able to pick about a pound, if that.

How interesting, thank you Kay

I could produce easily over 20 pounds! But cheese (or paste) made
with those isn't all that sweet, because they are VERY acid; it IS
very sweet made with true quinces.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.