Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Travis Travis is offline

Default How long for bamboo to reastablish?

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 01:41:14 -0700, Garrapata wrote:

Travis;932940 Wrote:
I wouldn't use a high nitrogen fertilizer.
Bamboo is a grass so a fertilizer specifically for lawn would be more
apppropriate.

You are quite right Travis, high N is the wrong kind. You want a
fertiliser to encourage root development, such as bonemeal.

Actually lawn fertilizers are high nitrogen, 60, 38, 8 was one I used
when I was in the "Trade"

Lawn/grass fertilizers should have a ratio of 3/1/2.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington