Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm sort of sad

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Emery Davis
writes
On 10/06/2011 04:56 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
My Lawson's cypr are gone from the front of my house, insurance claim
from
my neighbours.

Sympathies. A sad story all around.

But how tall where they Christina and honestly, did they block a lot of
light from the neighbours?

they were getting tall, tbh but they didn't keep out light.

Are you now more exposed to those neighbours and what will you replace the
trees with?

Yes I am now more exposed, not only to my neighbours but to people walking
past, looking in.

Maybe a wild hedge would encourage the birds as much? I
know ,y hawthorn shelters a lot of small birds.
--

I'm afraid to put anything in there, tbh, now. Maybe some violas or
primulas.