Old 09-10-2011, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm sort of sad

"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 06/10/2011 03:56, Christina Websell wrote:
My Lawson's cypr are gone from the front of my house, insurance claim
from
my neighbours.
I held out for a while, they refused to grind out the stumps, but I
insisted
that if they didn't, I would not agree.
So they came and felled them today, ground out the stumps and now it's
like
there were never there.
They were great for the woodpigeons, who nested in them all the time, so
did insist they waited until there were none.
I used to be friends with my neighbours and now, because of these trees,
we
hate each other.
She will notice a difference in the winter, when her car freezes over
more
without the protection from them. Good.

I find this post sad. Why should friends fall out over this, who did the
falling out you or your neighbour?

She did. I thought my resolution was a good compromise, to reduce the trees
and get the alleged damage monitored, like was done for my own house which
has had to be underpinned and that worked without taking out too many trees.
It was not acceptable, apparently and I got fed up (if I didn't answer the
door yet again) that she would bang on my windows front and side, ring my
mobile and house phone continually.
We'll see what happens. I am fairly sure my house will heave after this and
my insurance company will be asking hers to pay for the damage.