Old 11-10-2011, 12:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default a level product design questionnaire

FarmI wrote:
"Kaiser fuel" wrote in
message ...

right for everyone who doesn't understand.

Solar panels power a pump which draws water from a water butt (rain
storage device) and then uses that to water the plants via a drip
feed or sprinkler system. the pump will also have a timer attached
so you can set it to water at certain points during the day.

I have already mentioned mentioned that your 'solar powered watering
system' might be a solar pump on a dam but that since such things
already existed and thus weren't new or unusual, there was little
point in responding.
If you insert "water butt" where I used the word "dam", then my
response would stand. These systems already exist so there is no
product to develop but you could faff a bit round the edges but then
most gardeners do that anyway.

My understanding of water butt is a small tank say 200 - 500 litres so the
power would not need to be as much as for a 5 megalitre dam.