Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roy Bailey[_2_] Roy Bailey[_2_] is offline

Default Blue Hydrangea lost its colour

In article , KEPPY
writes
My lovely blue hydrangea has gradually over 5 years changed its colour
to a mauvy dirty pink with purple tinge.

I understand i can bring the blue colour back by using acidic
fertilizers..... What best choice products do you recommend from a uk
garden centre or maybe from B&Q Also what product would give the
quickest result.

I know pure peat is acidic but i dont wish to use peat even if it was
available in the stores.

When I was a small boy (oh, so long ago!) we had a hydrangea growing in
a large wooden tub. My father's was of keeping it blue was to drive a
very large iron nail into the side of the tub.

At this distance in time I can't remember if it worked.

Roy.
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.