Old 14-10-2011, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default My pond fish are avoiding me

"cineman4" wrote

You should be feeding with wheatgerm food now as that is more easily
digestable.
Leave off food when fish stay at bottom. when weather warms up next year
begin little wheatgerm until the water temperature is above 15 degrees C
then back to high protein feed until about June July when breeding season
is
about over.
A little fishing wire around edge of pool raised a few inches will deter
Herons as they need to perch and wait for their prey, or use black netting
over the open part.
Regards
Gordon

That used to be the thinking but I understand it's been reversed now and
wheatgerm is considered a bit indegestible. If we are talking Goldfish I
would use a good flake food, ie., "Tetra", if it's still available.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK