Old 15-10-2011, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Purple berry

In message ,
writes
NT wrote:
I've another grape-like fruit I'm not sure what it is, but its not
another oregon grape.
http://tinypic.com/r/2eb8feo/7
Blue berry, or possibly blaeberry.

Thanks. I looked this up, but am seeing an issue that my first photo
failed to show.
http://tinypic.com/r/34rf62q/7
This end-of-berry shot shows the absence of the 5 pointed flower scar
on what I've got, but both wiki and google images show that
characteristic hollow scar on all blueberry pictures.

The other thing I'm slightly puzzled about is the berries are green
fleshed inside, and dotted singly about the bush, not in bunches. Yet
wiki says

Aronia berry?

Same problem as Vaccinium - there should be a "flower scar".

http://www.kruufm.com/node/10473
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley