Old 16-10-2011, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Metal post source

On Oct 16, 4:18*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:55:48 +0100, "Pete"

wrote:

Fraid you cannot better Scaffolding poles.

We have two about twenty foot apart, 8ft high. We still have to tether them
to avoid them pulling together.
I suppose that this would be unnecessary if you used enough concrete to set
them in !

We use Canes for the intermediate uprights and very strong non- stretch rope
as a top stretcher.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

I inherited a large scaff pole with the premises some twentysomething
years ago. *It's too long for the pikies to take in a white Transit
but if any one wants it, it's in my drive. *Also in west London.

Regards
JonH- Hide quoted text -

If you are goung to use a pole at each end then it will help if you
sink a piece of wood 12" to 18" X 4" or 6" against the front edge of
the pole, this will help stop it pulling in towards the centre when
the ground is wet and you have a heavy crop.