Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Rick

Default DIY and PH and Aquaclear

"Frank Mamone" wrote in message
news
How much PH change do you get with DIY CO2? The difference between morning
and evening for me is is about .1 . Probably safe that way, but there
doesn't seem to be much CO2 retention. My PH is 7.5 and my kH is 80ppm.

I'm using an Aquaclear filter and there's no way to avoid the watefall
effect. I tried puttin it on low but doesn't make much difference. I'm
thinking of changing the filter with a canister to get rid of the
waterfall
effect.

Is anyone here using waterfall type filters having the same problem?

Thanks,

Framk

I have DIY in a 77g tank for about another 2 days (my Clippard valve just
came in for my pressure system). My PH without CO2 was 7.6. I added 1 x 2
liter bottle and nada, I added another 2 litre bottle and might have had a
..1 or .2 drop. I added two more bottles and used a jello recipe and my Ph
has dropped to 6.7, my plants are pearling and growing like crazy . I use a
Rena micro bubbler to diffuse the CO2. They chirp a bit under pressure but
seem to do a good job.

Rick