Old 17-10-2011, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default With OT Scams in the newsgroup/forum ..........

On 2011-10-16 12:19:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:21:55 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

.................... wouldn't it be a good idea for the readers to
post a
few so we can all be warned? Is not in the interest of the readers to
help
each other?

It's not surprising that after all your trolling activities around the
web you are attracting so much spam, but that's no excuse for you to
fill up this group with it.

If anyone here wants to learn about spam and how not to be fooled by
it there is already plenty of advice to be found via Google.

As does happen here from time to time, I was letting the group know
about what was - to me, at least - a new scam. I did that in a post
clearly marked OT so that people could avoid it if they wished to do so.
Mike has started at least three threads on this subject, while
attempting to berate others for even mentioning the subject. On top of
that, he has now started another thread, inviting Garden Banter readers
to expand the 'discussion'. If ever there was a clear example of his
intentions to wreck this group, this is it. Garden Banter readers will,
I hope, be aware that they'll be jumping through a hoop held by the most
unpopular person ever to infest this newsgroup. He is a very malicious
and spiteful individual using his 'enemies' to spoil urg for those who
are genuinely helpful and interesting contributors.

If you killfile him then you need never see anything he writes again -
unless someone is daft enough to reply to one of his jibes. We cannot
stop him polluting GardenBanter with nonsense off topic posts but we do
not have to read his garbage on Usenet unless someone takes the bait.

Regards,
Martin Brown