Old 26-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Rojo2G

Default power tiller: to get or not to get one

I have a bias toward simple things, but I figure at some point
doing things by hand is just too much.

Please, shower me with your opinions!

I have a great tiller (Troybilt, 8 horse). I also like and enjoy turning the
soil over by hand, ah, with a spade shovel.
I've tilled very hard clay soils and think thats the only way short of using a
farm tractor. I have great soil now(never was clay) and its a small garden, and
every few years use the tiller to turn it. I also turn it over by hand..lets
see the size is 30ft x 30ft. I'm 55 and in a few years will probably only use
the tiller.
Good luck and I'm glad to have found this newsgroup.