Old 21-10-2011, 09:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default macadamias

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
"F wrote in message
news
Is it possible to buy potted quick maturing grafted macadamias a few years
old so as to reduce the time before you get nuts?

I purchased a 3 year old tree, in a pot, and once it was planted in the
ground it shot away. 2 or 3 years later it was bearing fruit and now 5 or 6
years on it has quite a crop on it. I do not believe my tree was grafted.

Mike

I once planted a seedling and it grew to be a huge tree but it took 7 or
8 years to get nuts and as I am now getting ancient and have moved to a
new house I can not wait that long.