Old 21-10-2011, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Courgette Rot

Alphatono said:

This year I had massive issues with rot on the end of my courgette & at
the base of the plants I had it on all 5 plants & then on my squash.

Any idea what it could be & will it affect me next year. Was all find
previous years.

"Rot at the base of the plant" could be your interpretation of the effects
of squash vine borers.

And squash vine borers could cause the plant to fail to set or abort fruit.

Squash vine borers don't occur everywhere squash are grown, though I
do remember reading that they had been unintentionally introduced into
areas where they are not native.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."