Old 21-10-2011, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Wonderful surprise

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
After an arduous and extremely tiring day, I got home fit to drop.
Waiting for me was a parcel from Portugal and inside was a ruddy great
chunk of Dietes robinsoniana in prime condition. I've been searching
for this sub-tropical 'Iris' for quite a few years and had all but
given up hope of getting it. It doesn't appear in any of the plant
catalogues and seed needs to be very fresh so invariably, bought seed
has already lost its viability. An acquaintance from one of the groups
I'm on learned that I was searching for it asked for my address and
sent me a division. Brilliant! It's made my day and this is
definitely the plant find of the year for me.

Good for you Dave :-))

And I have had a wonderful day on two fronts, both of which would be very
off topic and would raise the hackles of certain people wouldn't it ;-))
????

Mike
but you knew that didn't you? ;-))