Old 21-10-2011, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Artificial Lawn

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:42:32 +0000, Loobylou_82 wrote:

It's +/- commonly used for sports fields here on the wet side of the PNW US.
http://www.syntheticturfcouncil.org/...articlenbr=91#
has some background information, possibly a bit slanted g
And a quick search at the National Institute of Health journal database:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...ificial%20turf

FWIW, we have a 100 lb labrador who can tear up a wet lawn easily just by
running on it. I use wood chips, about 8 inches thick, on areas of greatest
dog damage in the winter, our rainy season. I do know there's a thriving
business here with used artificial turf taken from sports stadiums that
are upgrading. Some dog trainers I know use it for runs and the like, as
it usually comes with stripes that can't be removed -- so often not suitable
for lawn replacement.