Old 22-10-2011, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Courgette Rot

FarmI wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Alphatono wrote:
This year I had massive issues with rot on the end of my courgette
& at the base of the plants I had it on all 5 plants & then on my
squash.

Any idea what it could be & will it affect me next year. Was all
find previous years.

Google "blossom end rot" for a million hits. You are probably
watering unevenly. Unless it is deficient calcium in the soil
watering evenly in future should fix it.

or you need honey bees.

???? Would the courgettes have started to grow enough to get a
rotted end if the flower hadn't been visited by a bee?

Apparently they do start to grow while infertile and only continue to grow
if fertilised. I am unsure how big they will get as I usually have to shoo
away the bees to get near them.