Old 22-10-2011, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Still harvesting tomatoes

On 21 Oct 2011 21:02:10 GMT, wrote:

Not only am I still harvesting, but some of the plants have just sprouted
new growth,
Dug out a few of the name labels. The ones still going well right now a
shirley - lovely spherical, red, very regular, would have been great for
showing if only they'd been ready earlier!
rosada - my new favourite straight-to-mouth tomato, still growing
pineapple - lovely orange ribbed things
roma - plant mostly cut back, but they're still ripening, lots of lovely
waisted fruits!
Super marmande - nice shape, but not all that tasty.
creamy sausage - nice shape, taste ok, but were early blighted.
Some very disappointing ones this year:
* mortgage lifter
* hundredweight
* erm, another big one with a foreign name ...
- all huge, pinky-red or red with light shoulders, can't remember which is
which. Very poor taste and texture. All heritage varieties. Unforunately
can see why they faded out. :-(
* ildi - grow them every year for Daniel, and they're always terrible.

Great list, but what would you recommend if you could only grow say
three types, not all of us have so much space.

Are you a 2012 Gamemaker too?
www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info