Old 22-10-2011, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Courgette Rot

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Alphatono wrote:
This year I had massive issues with rot on the end of my courgette &
at the base of the plants I had it on all 5 plants & then on my
squash.

Any idea what it could be & will it affect me next year. Was all find
previous years.

Google "blossom end rot" for a million hits. You are probably watering
unevenly. Unless it is deficient calcium in the soil watering evenly in
future should fix it.

or you need honey bees.

???? Would the courgettes have started to grow enough to get a rotted end
if the flower hadn't been visited by a bee?

That's been my observation. With my garden, it usually happens when
cucurbits first start flowering. I guess that it takes time for the bees
to integrate them new stop into their schedules ;O)

Was your trip a vacation or did you have business to take care of? If
the former, have you discussed it in any of the groups? I have a bad
case of wanderlust, and I'm always curious about what's around the next
bend, or over the next rise.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis