Old 23-10-2011, 01:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Coffee grounds ?

Bobo wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:12:49 -0500, "Snag" wrote:

I've been doing some work for a local coffee shop , and have been
offered as much used coffee grounds as I'd care to drag home ...I've
read somewhere that they make excellent worm food and can be used as
a fertilizer on my garden , but I have no idea how much is enough ,
and how much would be too much .
So , is there a rule of thumb or any kind of guide for this
application ? When we were kids we used a 5 gal bucket buried about
3/4 in the ground and filled with burlap sacking as a worm farm . We
used Dad's grounds as food , got some very healthy and active worms
, and had repeat business from the local fisherfolk ...

My Grandmother used to put it on her flowerbeds. I've been puttining
it directly in the garden for many years. I go thru allot of coffee
too. It's a little ascidic but it's already been ground and soaked in
boiling water so it's going to break down fast. If you put it on in
fall or winter it would be well neutralized by spring.

Hmm , pick up a few bags of manure on fall special sale , some grounds ,
till it all in and by spring it should be ready ??
--
Snag
Learning keeps