Old 23-10-2011, 02:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Way Back Jack[_10_] Way Back Jack[_10_] is offline

Default Asian Stink Bugs Not As Bad As Expected

Mid-Atlantic, zone 7

They started looking for winter shelter about a week earlier this year but
they weren't nearly as heavy as last year. They were supposed to be worse.
One day in late Oct. 2010, I took a stroke tally. Killed over 1,200 in an
8-hr.period, just walking around the house perimeter with a fly swatter, as
well as a countless no. vacuumed-up inside the garage that same day. Autumn
2010 was six weeks of hell. Nothing like that this yr., at least so far.

Orchard farmers were allowed to use a limited amt. of pesticide this past
summer. Maybe that kept the fall infestation down. Been cooler this Oct.
too. On cool, cloudy days, they don't seem to be as active. Maybe stay in
their trees longer instead of attacking the house. I don't know.