Old 23-10-2011, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Runner bean (seeds) uses.

On 23/10/2011 16:51, harry wrote:

Just tried an experiment. Gave my wife's parrot a raw runner bean.
(It deserves to die anyway). It dropped it instantly. (They taste
with their tongues). It was perfectly happy to shred a complete pod.
But never ate a bean.
However they do eat toxic seeds in the wild. Maybe only when
nothing else is available.

On first reading of your post I interpreted "dropped it instantly" as
the parrot instantly dropped dead! lol

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.