Old 24-10-2011, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Garden terms

On 2011-10-23 12:32:36 +0100, Moonraker said:

Instructions such as - sow in ground manured last year. Does that mean if
I manure now I can sow next Spring, or only if I manured at least a year
before sowing? Also we all know that officially Spring is March 21st to
Summer June 21st to Autumn September 21st to Winter December 21st, but
according to a gardening book I read recently gardening Early Spring is
Feb. Mid Spring March, Late Spring April with Summer, Autumn ans Winter
following on in sequential 3 month steps. What are others opinions?

Manure the ground in autumn and let the frost and worms do the job of
breaking it down and taking it into the soil. Personally, I've no faith in
these dates because the variations in temps are far too great across the
country. It's spring in your garden when you feel it is! Make sure that
whoever is supplying the manure is quite certain there is no aminopyralid
in it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I was with you until I got to "aminopyralid" :-)

A quick Google sorted it for me :-)

Bill