Old 24-10-2011, 04:52 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaside View Post
why do you think I had no success this year?
Possibly because we just had one of the coldest summers for a long time? Various things needing summer heat didn't develop properly because of that, eg, my sweet peppers, got crap crop this year. Other things have been eventually ripened by the extended warm temps this Sept/Oct.

As it happens, I picked a few utterly delicious figs off a tree overhanging a children's playground in central London on Saturday. But the great majority of figs on that tree were unripe. You aren't the only one.