Old 24-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Steve Anderson Steve Anderson is offline
Registered User

Default Lawn gone

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and by no means a gardener, but I could use some advice please.
A few years back we re modelled the garden by putting in some decking, added around a ton of topsoil to level it off and a nice new fence.
What I didn't do at the time was put in some kind of drainage for the soil and because of that our lawns have always died at the lower side of the garden. I thought I had cured it. Maybe you could let me know if this is adequate but I dug a trench to below the fence, filled it with large round stones. Then put a membrane over that and put bark on top with a wooden border between it and the lawn. Unfortunately our lawn is dying and is pretty water logged at one side. Apologies for the long story but is this still happening due to the soil. If it is, could you also let me know how much of it to remove ie. do I have to take it all away at the bad areas or do I just need a certain depth with new soil.
Thanks all