Old 24-10-2011, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default How do I propagate bamboo?

"Calum Grant" wrote in message
What's the best way to propagate bamboo? I have plenty of established
bamboo to take from, but want to start a patch elsewhere.

Is there a simpler way than just digging some up and splitting it? Also
what time of year is better (I'm guessing I will have to wait until
spring). Finally, is it inconsiderate to plant bamboo next to a
neighbour's fence where it might spread, the height is around 4m.

Thanks!

A lot of people will be wondering "how do I get rid of bamboo?", methinks
:-)