Old 24-10-2011, 10:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default When to stop feeding pond goldfish and is it ok to remove pump and preesure filter

"David Wright" wrote

I stopped feeding the pond goldfish a week ago after the first frost.
Since then it has got warmer and fish have risen to the top of the pond.
Should I resume feeding or leave it till Spring. Also Ive taken the pump
and filter out as I have been told its safe to do so in Winter. Any
advice welcomed

The normal advice is to stop feeding when the water temperature is below
50°F (10°C). Floating thermometers are available from both pond shops and
swimming pool shops.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK