Old 25-10-2011, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Runner bean (seeds) uses.

On Oct 23, 4:25*pm, David in Normandy
wrote:
On 23/10/2011 16:51, harry wrote:

Just tried an experiment. *Gave my wife's parrot a raw runner bean.
(It deserves to die anyway). *It dropped it instantly. (They taste
with their tongues). *It was perfectly happy to shred a complete pod.
But never ate a bean.
* *However they do eat toxic seeds in the wild. *Maybe only when
nothing else is available.

On first reading of your post I interpreted "dropped it instantly" as
the parrot instantly dropped dead! lol

--
David in Normandy. *
* *To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the

No, still with us. Unfortunately.