Old 25-10-2011, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Japanese Knotweed

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:32:18 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , kay.91a3116
says...

The suggested measure are interesting - " Immediately create a
21ft exclusion zone around the suspect plant" - that requires that the
shortest dimension of your garden should be 42ft - a lot of town
dwellers don't have that luxury!

Or "Wash feet and clean shoes when leaving the contaminated area".
I'd like to see that imposed on the local postman.

"unless the detached house is demolished...it will be impossible to
sell" ???

"Demolished house for sale" should certainly attract viewers.

I rather liked the phrase "The problem is there is no guarantee the
pesticides will work", but I suppose in the broader meaning of 'pest',
JK might be described as such.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

I can't believe all the nonsense you read about JK it responds well to
various eradication measures, you just need to be persistent, the pictures
show a very minor infestation and the suggestion in the article that the
house would have to be demolished is laughable.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs