Old 26-10-2011, 02:45 AM
mhmg mhmg is offline
Registered User

Location: high country foothills
Default Lifting Begonias

I'm a novice gardener who has discovered tuberous begonias. My yard is mostly shade, and they seem to thrive in my garden as potted plants. This year they have been particularly beautiful in our high country foothills Indian Summer. I would like to preserve them for next season, but I need to know how to lift and store them. I don't have room or facilities to keep them in their pots over the winter. How do I over-winter them and what temp do they need to be kept? If we have a frost tonight (Oct. 25), will it be too late to preserve them?