Old 27-10-2011, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Not Enought Rain

wrote:
A row of Broad Beans has been planted.

My late-summer ones are flowering, but didn't get enough insects, so I think
they're done for. Last time I tried to over-winter, they flowered in
November and died. I may give it another go, but I don't have anywhere with
decent soil available. How are they for crappy soil? Mind you, if I did
them in the crappy bit, it wouldn't be available to put manure on.

The Root Ginger experiment has produced about a foot of foliage. The

Interesting. I've never tried growing root ginger.

The Raspberries keep on coming - increasingly small and getting a bit
manky but nevertheless till worth harvesting. They weren't supposed
to be Autumn fruiting but the variability of their spininess suggests
that we may have a mix of strains.

The raspberries here seem to have finally given up, even the yellow ones.

I have acquired a largish electrically heated propagator so that I can
get the plants started off earlier next year.

Let us know when you get started.