Old 28-10-2011, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default Otish - My New Camera

On Oct 27, 11:34*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:49:36 +0100, Paul Corfield

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:03:52 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

Posting to thank all those who gave advice in response to my post a
while ago about acquiring a new digital camera.

I took my time (and a lot of time of a very helpful chap in one of the
stores of a certain national chain) and ended up with a Canon
Powershot G12 (which I bought online). I thought that 342 with an
extra battery, case, SD card and mini tripod was a reasonable price so
please don't tell me I could have got it cheaper!

Who did you buy from at that price?

A rioter?

*Looks like you've got a good
deal.

--

Martin

If money is an issue but you are interested in high quality results
you would have been far better of with a used DSLR, rather than a G12.
These cameras are just fine for anyone with limited photographic
ambitions, but the fact that you cannot change the lens, means they
are far from ideal for more serious photography.