Old 28-10-2011, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Otish - My New Camera

"stuart noble" wrote in message

These cameras are just fine for anyone with limited photographic
ambitions, but the fact that you cannot change the lens, means they
are far from ideal for more serious photography.

Depends whether those spiders are in your own back yard or whether
you'll be lugging loads of equipment around on your impromptu walks.

Sometimes it is more important to have a small camera with you and get
the shot than have a bag full of gear in the car. I use a slim Ixus
100IS as my always with me camera - it replaces an ageing IxusV.

The only thing where P&S really falls down is on shutter lag compared to
the hair trigger and repetition rate of a full DSLR.

I'm still on 3.2 megapixels for the always with camera. Never really felt
the need, or seen it as a civic duty, to upgrade :-)

I have a Fuji 6 Megs which slips into my shirt pocket when we are cruising.
Got it in the first instance when we went on a World Cruise and it has
served us well on subsequent cruises. When we cruised to the Arctic, my wife
used this one.

For more detailed and professional use I have a Samsung GX10 which I use for
photo shoots. I use this one for all the Theatre shots, especially if they
are going into the local press. I had one in last week's paper and another
one this week. It's a bit bulky though and if I take a lens change, battery
and spare card, then I need a shoulder bag. This is the one I now take
cruising. Have to be careful where we go ashore though, some places are
'iffy' so I leave that one back on board.

Mike