Old 28-10-2011, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Otish - My New Camera

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 00:18:38 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike
wrote:

If money is an issue but you are interested in high quality results
you would have been far better of with a used DSLR, rather than a G12.
These cameras are just fine for anyone with limited photographic
ambitions, but the fact that you cannot change the lens, means they
are far from ideal for more serious photography.

I thought a lot about a second hand DSLR camera but firstly I'm not an
ambitious photographer, I simply want to be able to take some decent
shots of little critters in the garden and suchlike plus decent
holiday photos (I wanted a viewfinder for long distance stuff as I've
never been able to see the LCD screen in the sun on any camera I've
had). Every DSLR camera I saw was really too bulky. Secondly, whilst
I'm not against second hand per se, I was uncomfortable with going
"used" on technology that I wasn't familiar with. I'd never know
whether the bad shot was down to a faulty camera or my lack of
knowledge about settings. The G12 was relatively simple when demo'd in
the store.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay where it's about
the same moisture-wise as the more wet end.

The cat's web site is at pillie.me.uk.