Old 28-10-2011, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Otish - My New Camera

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:03:31 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

I don't know if anyone does a LED or flash addon intended for P&S
cameras. They are available for SLRs for a range of prices.

The G12 has a range of hot shoe, wired and wireless flash options plus
lens options if I want to pay for them (!).

Sometimes it is more important to have a small camera with you and get
the shot than have a bag full of gear in the car. I use a slim Ixus
100IS as my always with me camera - it replaces an ageing IxusV.

Exactly. The G12 is complicated enough though it seems (I haven't got
that far yet) that if there are particular settings that I want to use
repeatedly, I can spend the time setting up and then save that
combination to a one-button memory so I suppose I'll have the best of
both worlds.

The only thing where P&S really falls down is on shutter lag compared to
the hair trigger and repetition rate of a full DSLR.

That doesn't worry me (at least not yet!).

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay where it's about
the same moisture-wise as the more wet end.

The cat's web site is at pillie.me.uk.