Old 28-10-2011, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Slippery decking

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:45:04 +0100, AriesVal
wrote:

At this time of the year our decking wood becomes treacherously
slippery. In fact last year I slipped and fell damaging my right knee
which has never recovered. I'm wondering, is there anything I can put
on the wood to make it safer to walk on?

I can think of three options (assuming the problem isn't a build-up of
algae which you can pressure-wash off):

1) Cuprinol make a non-slip decking treatment but probably the wrong
time of year to apply it;
2) Spread some silver sand across the decking and as you walk on it
that will just roughen the surface a bit;
3) Next summer when you treat the decking and while the treatment is
still tacky, spread silver sand over it - a cheaper version of option
1.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay where it's about
the same moisture-wise as the more wet end.

The cat's web site is at www.pillie.me.uk.