Old 29-10-2011, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AriesVal[_12_] AriesVal[_12_] is offline

Default Slippery decking

On 2011-10-28 22:32:04 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"AriesVal" wrote ...

Dave Hill wrote:
AriesVal wrote:
this particular part of the decking is on a
walkway to the back of our garage so needs something doing to it now.

If it's a permanant walk way then you could do what local councils do
on wooden decked bridges and nail down 3/4" wire netting.
David

Oh! but surely wire netting can be slippery too ?

Not in my experience, anti-rabbit type wire netting stapled on is used
extensively in Parks and Large Gardens and even boardwalks.

We have it nailed over the wheelchair ramp that goes into the back door
leading to the tea room. Nobody has slipped on it, ever.

Sacha, does this wire netting have a special name or is it just plain
and simple chicken wire type netting ?

--
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you,
not because they are nice but because you are. Anon