Old 29-10-2011, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AriesVal[_12_] AriesVal[_12_] is offline

Default Slippery decking

On 28/10/2011 23:44, Sacha wrote:
Do you have to keep the decking, Val? Could it be taken up and gravel or
even dense bark chippings be put down instead - iow something that will
allow rain to drain well? It may save you time, trouble and accident in
the longterm.

I think so Sacha. It's not actually part or connected to the raised
decking area. It was designed and put in by a previous owner and laid
higher than the ground underneath which is weed mat covered. Difficult
to explain clearly.

Sorry not to follow you clearly but does "I think so" mean you have to
keep it or that you could get rid of it? If there's weed suppressing
membrane there, that could still be covered with e.g. bark chippings as
rain draiins through it. But if it's a height difference problem that
may not be so easy for you to overcome.

I wasn't clear, sorry. It means we have to keep it. I can't see bark
chippings would be any good as it would spread from the area. But
thanks for the suggestion. Wire seems a better suggestion but I need to
know exactly what type of wire.

--
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you,
not because they are nice but because you are. Anon