Old 29-10-2011, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Slippery decking

On Oct 29, 8:17*am, AriesVal wrote:
On 28/10/2011 23:44, Sacha wrote:

Do you have to keep the decking, Val? Could it be taken up and gravel or
even dense bark chippings be put down instead - iow something that will
allow rain to drain well? It may save you time, trouble and accident in
the longterm.

I think so Sacha. *It's not actually part or connected to the raised
decking area. It was designed and put in by a previous owner and laid
higher than the ground underneath which is weed mat covered. Difficult
to explain clearly.

Sorry not to follow you clearly but does "I think so" mean *you have to
keep it or that you could get rid of it? *If there's weed suppressing
membrane there, that could still be covered with e.g. bark chippings as
rain draiins through it. But if it's a height difference problem that
may not be so easy for you to overcome.

I wasn't clear, sorry. *It means we have to keep it. *I can't see bark
chippings would be any good as it would spread from the area. *But
thanks for the suggestion. *Wire seems a better suggestion but I need to
know exactly what type of wire.

--
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you,
not because they are nice but because you are. *Anonhttp://ariesval.wordpress.com/

As I said earlier I'd use a 3/4 inch mesh which is a smaller mesh than
chicken wire. It will give you a better grip.
When I said Nail down I actualy meant use staples to fix it (Not the
sort from a staple gun)
David